“I know how to make the justice system work for you.”
- Colorado, 1975, U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 1975
- University of Colorado School of Law, Boulder, Colorado,
- J.D. Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland,
1972, B.A., Major: Social and Behavioral Science
- Sigma Phi Epsilon
A top attorney for Colorado Springs.
He lends his expertise to our firm.
Norm Thom was born in Pensacola, Florida. His father was a Naval officer and the family traveled extensively. He graduated from Johns Hopkins University in 1972 with a Bachelor of Arts in Social and Behavioral Sciences. He received his Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Colorado Law School in 1975. He worked for the Colorado State Public Defenders office for five years and was in charge of the 4th Judicial District office before entering private practice in 1981. Norm and Bobby formed Daniel & Thom, P.C. in 1986.
Norm has been married for over forty years and has three children. His oldest child is severely disabled. He has a daughter who is currently in law school at the University of Denver and an adult son residing in Las Vegas, NV. He has always been unselfish in devoting his time to the needs of his family, his clients and his community. He enjoys playing golf and his time as coach and mentor of high school mock trial students. He has served on numerous non-profit boards and community organizations.
Norm Thom retired from the practice of law in April of 2017 but remains with Liberty Law Center on an “Of Counsel” basis.
- Representative Cases:
Associations and Activities
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- El Paso Cournty Bar Association- Past President
- Colorado Bar Association
- The Resource Exchange Community Center Board of Directors
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar
- Colorado Springs DUI Defense Bar
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Ben Wendelken Inn of Court
Other Employment Positions:
- Colorado State Public Defender’s Office, Deputy Public Defender In Charge of Colorado Springs Office,
Pro Bono Activities:
- Past Trustee, El Paso County Bar Association
- Juvenile Community Placement Review Board
- Past President & Current Board Member, Resource Exchange
- Mock Trial Coach and Mentor for High School Students (1998 and 2001 Mock Trial Colorado State Champions)
- Ecumenical Christian Legal Services of Colorado Springs Volunteer Atty